Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Latte Art

The art of creating a "simple drawing or design" on the surface of a cup of latte is a very under-appreciated and underestimated one, in my opinion. I have seen several baristas attempting the latte art, and even the simplest designs would require quite a skillful barista to pull it off.

I am always almost fascinated when I see those baristas in action - and I have only seen a few designs being created for me when I ordered it in some little cafe. I have yet to see all of these in my coffee cup:


I am enthralled by the starfish design and I am most fascinated by the cat - how could anyone bear to destroy those meticulously done design by drinking it all away!

I could even smell the aroma of coffee just by looking at the images above - how weird is that!

No comments: